CONDITIONS OF USE OF AIPNZ
The AIP material published on this website ("Material") is made available free-of-charge to you as an individual user ("You") for your personal use only.
You agree to use the Material in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations and safe and prudent navigation practices.
You may not do anything with or to the Material that is not expressly authorised by the CAA. In particular (but without limitation) you may not:
- extract, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, distort or vary the Material by any means or in any form other than for your personal use;
- republish or use the Material for any commercial gain whatsoever or to purport the document to be the AIP.
Any unauthorised use of the Material could breach copyright and is prohibited.
Commercial publishers and application developers wishing to incorporate or re-distribute AIPNZ content should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Material is to be regarded as general information and resources and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular person. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the accuracy of the material contained on this website, however the CAA accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind arising from use of Material. The Material should not be regarded as legal advice. The CAA may change the content, format, structure or functionality of the Material on this site without notice. You must ensure that You are using current information, and must consult the latest NOTAM.
This site may contain statements of persons other than the CAA. Unless otherwise stated, the CAA does not endorse the accuracy or reliability of any such material. Reliance upon any such material shall be at Your own risk.
The CAA has not verified the accuracy of material on websites linked to this website. The CAA does not endorse the content of any sites linked to this website and is not responsible for the contents of any such site. The CAA accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind arising from the use of material on sites linked to this website.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Where the limitations on liability as set out above do not apply or are unenforceable and to the extent permitted by law, the CAA shall have no liability for loss, damage or delay (including consequential, financial or economic loss, and claims for indemnity or contribution) suffered or incurred by You, whether such liability arises in contract or in tort or in any way howsoever, in respect of or arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of the Material except as follows:
- In the case of claims for loss or damage to the hull of any aircraft, the liability of the CAA (if any) shall be limited to the direct cost of repair or replacement up to the insured value of such aircraft.
- In the case of claims arising from the death of or injury to any person the liability of the CAA (if any) shall be limited to the equivalent of 113,100 Special Drawing Rights per person.
- In the case of claims in respect of loss of or damage to passengers' baggage the liability of the CAA (if any) shall be limited to 1131 Special Drawing Rights for each passenger.
- In the case of claims in respect of loss of or damage to cargo the liability of the CAA (if any) shall be limited to 19 Special Drawing Rights per kg of cargo.
The sums mentioned above are subject to abatement in accordance with the CAA's proportion of responsibility (if any) for the event giving rise to the claim.
Nothing in this clause shall be construed as any indication or acceptance by the CAA of any liability in any respect for any amount.
In respect of any third party claim, action, demand or proceeding against the CAA, You agree to indemnify the CAA to the extent that such claim, action, demand or proceeding arises out of any wrongful act, neglect or default by You.
You acknowledge and agree that the limitations of liability and indemnities set out above are for the benefit of both the CAA and Airways Corporation of New Zealand Ltd and are intended to be enforceable by both the CAA and Airways Corporation of New Zealand Ltd.
Definition: "Special Drawing Rights" refer to the Special Drawing Right as defined by the International Monetary Fund. Conversion of the sums into New Zealand currency shall, in the case of judicial proceedings, be made according to the value of New Zealand currency in terms of the Special Drawing Right at the date of judgement.